The second Show was held at Great Meadow in 1920. It then moved to Westhill (Buchan School) where it remained from 1921 until 1947. It then went on to Farrant’s Flat from 1948 to 1963, and then Janet’s Corner 1964 to 1972. The Show finally returned to Great Meadow in 1973 with the kind permission of the Riggall Family, where it has remained ever since, developing into a two-day Show in the early 1990’s.
Always having a careful and dedicated Committee has meant that the Southern Show has managed to hold its own in times of dramatic change over the past 100 years. It continues to be a well respected agricultural and rural event that enjoys great support from all over the Island and further afield.